11/14/07
I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant!
Yay!
I don't know how long we're going to wait before we "tell" people so I am just going to write drafts and then publish them later!
Okay, so we did all the Fertility Doc tests in the month of September. Found out that my FSH and LH hormones were not at the correct ratio and that I had a cyst on my right ovary. Fert doc suggested clomid. But we moved Oct. 1 and while searching for health insurance discovered that if I wrote anything about fertility I would be denied and that we could just forget about it being covered. So that sucked. Jeff and I had decided to just wait a few months, see what happened, get our acts together spiritually, etc. But I did plan my trips to SLC, Nebraska, and Kentucky so that I would be home during that time I could potentially ovulate. (I still have never had a positive result on an ovulation predictor). GOOD THING I DID. But I was all bummed out that week because Jeff got strep throat towards the end and one night he was pouting because he felt like I was not being kind to him that day so by bedtime he wanted nothing to do with me. So our every other day plan didn't work out like I'd hoped.
Tristen kept commenting that her mom got pregnant after her HSG because it flushes everything out. I kept thinking, "that would be sweet," but honestly didn't know that I could be that lucky.
Also, on my drive home from my Grandma's funeral I listened to a book on CD by Orson Scott Card, entitled Rebekah. (She is now my favorite woman in the Bible, p.s.). In the story, she and Isaac were trying to get her pregnant for years. Finally, she tells Isaac that he never prayed for her to actually get pregnant. So he does. And it works. That is EXACTLY what happened with me and Jeff. We had always prayed asking for Heavenly Father to help us be patient, and to help us deal with what was. Finally, the month October, we prayed for me to get pregnant. And now I am!
So anyway, we went to Kentucky during the week I was expecting my period to start. And I had an idea of when I would start spotting, etc. So I kind of did, but not really. I didn't know what was going on. Part of me thought that I could be pregnant but then the other part of me didn't want to get my hopes up because after 2 years and 4 months it doesn't really feel like "trying" anymore. More like "practicing." But I was having weird minor cramps, etc. so I knew something was up but just didn't know if my cycle was all out of whack again or what. So finally, on Monday (Nov. 12) afternoon I asked Angie what she thought and she told me to just take a pregnancy test when I woke up in the morning because at least then I would know if my body was just being stupid again or if I was pregnant. But I started spotting that night so I got really bummed out and went to bed thinking my period was going to start.
So Tuesday morning, Nov. 13th, when I saw that it hadn't, I took a pregnancy test I had here at the house. It is the same brand as the ovulation predictors that I've been using and so when I saw the 2nd line I got really excited. . . but it wasn't as dark as the test line so I didn't know what that meant and it didn't show up right away like I expected it too. (I guess that is why the package says to wait 2-5 minutes). So I yelled down to Jeff to come upstairs because luckily he hadn't left for school yet. He came upstairs and I was pointing to the stick on the counter telling him what I though but didn't know for sure, etc. I must not have been making any sense whatsoever because he got all confused and said, 'Wait, what does this mean?" So I simply said, "One line, not pregnant. Two lines, pregnant." He got a big terrified smile, gave me a hug, and then I don't really remember. He left and I ran to call Lori who has become my fairy-godmother in all things trying-to-conceive related. She said that any line at all means it's positive but that I should go to the store and get another test to make sure. So I did. I bought 2 packs of 3 just in case. Then I went to the quilt shop to kill time until I needed to go to the bathroom again. When I finally took the other 2 tests Jeff called me about 2 seconds later- before I'd even had a chance to look at the results. So that was cool because I was on the phone with him as I discovered that they were both positive.
So I was on the phone with him freaking out, holding the 3 tests in my hand, shaking like crazy. It was awesome.
Before I got pregnant we planned on not telling anyone for a couple of months, at least. That lasted about 20 seconds before I was flying down the stairs to show his mom the positive tests. Still shaking. I didn't let go of those things for about 10 minutes. Then throughout the day I caught myself going back upstairs just to make sure they still were positive. Our parents are both really excited and the family and few friends we've told have all been really excited for us too. I didn't get a thing done all day because I was so sidetracked. I really don't know how long I will last because every person I saw at the store this afternoon I wanted to tell them that I was pregnant. So, we're telling the rest of his family at Thanksgiving and pretty much after that I think we're not even going to pretend to keep it a secret anymore. We'll see.
I woke up at 3:30 this morning, and have been been unable to fall back asleep. I started thinking about when the baby is born, and living with his parents still, and where we'd put everything, and if the baby slept in our room would Jeff's snoring wake them up, and would my mom be willing to come stay at his parents house with us, and what if I can't learn to breastfeed, and how is his family about breastfeeding, will I have to go upstairs every time? and what if I have to have a c-section, and the list goes on and on.
I'm going to try and get some sleep now-- if not, I guess I just have a great excuse to take a nap this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys! I totally understand the freaking out part...I started running around my apartment when I found out I was pregnant with Nathan...Ryan wasn't home and I was going nuts dancing and running around. Good memories! Anyway, Congrats!
WAHOO!!!!!!!!!! i almost cried again reading that! luv ya!
And I PROMISE I won't get bored with your baby. I will be good Auntie Gwen. I would spoil it and buy it lots of stuff, but I have a feeling there will be no room for extra spoiling around all the grandparents and aunts and uncles.
So instead I will teach it 4-syllable vocabulary words!
Dude, that babystrology thing you added is freaking me out! I can't tell if the sticky-up appendage part is an arm or the umbilical cord (or, I guess, evidence that you're having a VERY masculine boy).
Yay, I am still so excited for you guys!! Welcome to motherhood. The worrying starts when you conceive and never gets better. There is always something to stress about.
Post a Comment