Monday, October 1, 2007

all packed.

I am finally finished packing up my car. In the morning we'll just need to put in our suitcases-- I'm crossing my fingers that I left enough room.

Jeff originally packed the trunk- he put in the giant suitcase and I asked him if he put anything in it. His reply was "the smaller suitcases are in it." So I said "okay," and didn't even look at how he had packed the trunk. Tonight we put all of my clothes into trashbags and then vacuum packed them to make them smaller. After the car was practically full (jeff was a sweetheart to pack it up to that point) I went out to put in some of the last scrapbooking stuff. I figured I was going to have all sorts of room. Not the case. So by this time Jeff had already showered and was definitely in sleepy time mode, not rearrange-the-car-to-fit-all-of-kristina's-shoes-clothes-and-scrapbooking-crap mode. So I told him to go to bed and conceeded that no matter how much we rearranged, we probably wouldn't be able to fit everything plus him, me, and our suitcases so I would just have to come back after after I dropped him off at the airport in the morning.

I tried to just shower and go to bed.

But obviously my OCD just isn't taking today off so I didn't even manage to touch the bed before I was outside tearing everything out of the car. I had started to mentally tally the number of suitcases we owned and realized that the number was doubled if there really was a smaller suitcase inside the huge one. Or multiple suitcases as he made it sound.

So, feeling very Nancy Drew-like in solving the mystery of the impossible packing job I pulled the suitcase out of the trunk, opened it up, and found that it was full of blankets, old sweatshirts, and twin sheets.

We don't even own a twin bed.

So, now, an hour later, I won't be needing to drive back home before heading out of town in the morning. Which is pretty fantastic because that was going to add at least an hour and a half to my drive- and I am not positive that if I came to the house by myself in the morning I would be able to drive away again. But I will admit that I did end up leaving behind a few pairs of shoes, so I wasn't able to fit everything.

2 comments:

Tristen said...

I am sorry you have to leave your house behind. That's gotta be really hard! I am bummed you didn't get all your shoes in too! I love shoes! Now an excuse to buy a couple of new pairs!

kristina said...

I hadn't thought about that! Yes!!