Saturday, October 27, 2007

been awhile.

So I just realized that I haven't posted since Wednesday which may be the longest number of days I have gone without posting since I started. Just to catch you up:
Thursday: Watched Price is Right with the Grandparents. Went to quilt shop and found a CUTE pattern for my next quilt. I am making it for my niece Brooklyn. She turns 8 in December so it is her birthday/baptism present. Jeff and I won't be able to be at her Baptism because it is during our cruise so hopefully this will make up for it. I started it right when I got home because I was so excited.
Friday: Watched Price is Right with Grandpa. Went upstairs and. . . sewed some more. This quilt was the first time I have ever appliquéd anything. I admit that I think it is pretty fantastic. I finished the quilt top and then started sewing around the appliquéd pieces. My sewing machine, which is also on my list of world's greatest inventions, is awesome. I got to use the zig zag stitch for the first time and one of the quilting stitches around the appliquéd pieces. It isn't perfect, but hopefully that isn't as obvious to everyone who sees it as it is to me. I ordered some ric rac online so I won't be able to finish the top 100% until I get back into town on the Nov. 4th. I will post pics when its finished.
Today: Woke up thinking about finishing the quilt- I got all of the appliquéd pieces finished. All I have left now is some embroidery and the ric rac so I went to the quilt shop and picked up a pattern for a purse/bag that I plan to do tonight. (The world series is on, Jeff and I made dinner for some of the guys he coaches with and they are over watching the game-- so I am upstairs. Sewing.)

Jeff, his mom, and a couple of our nieces got strep throat. Luckily, Jeff gave in and went to Instacare and got a shot before it got bad enough to keep him in bed. He didn't believe me that strep just gets worse and worse until you take an antibiotic- the doc said the same thing without me even being there. I had to nag him about 17 times until he finally agreed to go to the doc. I hate getting strep throat- well, I guess everyone hates getting sick, but I really, really, really, hate it. So I'm just crossing my fingers that I haven't caught it and it just hasn't kicked in yet. Jeff's grandparents left so the house is pretty empty again.

2 comments:

Tristen said...

You better pick up the blogging pace! haha I won't let you quit cause I enjoy reading about the quilting and everything else!

Gwen said...

Wow. You are totally going to ahve to teach me all this new stuff you're learning how to do. I've only ever made the one quilt.