Sunday, October 7, 2007

Let the quilting begin.

I found a quilt shop in St. George. Actually, Jeff's mom found a quilt shop in St. George and took me to it. They sell Pfaff sewing machines which I have read are better than the bernina AND they are less expensive too. So I bought one. Jeff and I made a deal that if I moved to Utah I could quilt and scrapbook to my heart's content. Well, that also included me getting a sewing machine- so after promising not to ask for a new one for 10 years I ordered one. It won't be in until Wednesday or Thursday but they let me take one of the shop's home for the weekend to play with. Yesterday I started a quilt for my sister-in-law Jen's baby that is due the end of December. Hopefully it turns out okay-- if I manage to finish it all by myself it may be the first project I have ever started and completely finished without Gwen having to swoop in and save the day. Or the project.

WORLD'S GREATEST INVENTION: Ear plugs.
Besides one or two months when Jeff got emaciated skinny, he has snored every night of our entire marriage. I never could figure out why I was tired all the time until he was living in Utah and I was still in Arizona and finally able to sleep through the night. When he would come to visit on the weekends I would have an even harder time sleeping because I wasn't able to tune out the snoring and didn't sleep well at all. Snoring sucks for both people because I know he wasn't keeping me awake on purpose, but I woule still be annoyed, tired, and irritated when the night was over and I had spent half of it trying to think happy thoughts over the continuous NOISE on the other side of the bed. Finally, after spending the last night in our house on the couch I gave in and bought some ear plugs. They are hot pink. They are amazing. When I wake up in the morning I want to give Jeff a kiss, not a swift kick to the shin. It's wonderful. I even managed to stay awake for multiple sessions of General Conference. Normally, General Conference means a guaranteed nap. Or two.

Finally, this being my first post since the premiere of Friday Night Lights, all I have to say is WHAT THE?! I can't see how this can turn into anything other than "I know what you did last summer" even though I never actually saw the movie, I vaguely remember reading the book when I was younger.

2 comments:

Tristen said...

Okay, I can't even handle Friday Night Lights!!! I was absolutely dying with my SIL! We were still freaking out about it the next day!

Gwen said...

Yeah, they better not be ruining our show. I read that NBC is putting a lot of pressure on them to get higher ratings and cut down on the football stuff. I can't believe I'm saying this, but they better not cut out all the football stuff for lame soapy story lines.