Sorry, I wrote "the best day ever" as my title and immediately had Sponge Bob Square Pants bouncing around in my head so I had to share the joy.
Really though, yesterday was one of the best days I have had in a long time. After Jeff finished the yard work he came inside and we were able to hang out all day for the first time in what feels like forever. We figured out the best arrangement to keep us both happy-- he watched football while I quilted in the same room. Luckily, my new sewing machine is really quiet so I am able to sew without it being a huge bother. I don't mind sports on the tv as long as I am not expected to watch them. In the past, we inevitably argued about him watching sports because he expected me to sit and watch them with him. Or watch him watch them. Or something like that. Needless to say, I usually refused and left the room to read a book, or he caved in and changed the channel while I felt all sorts of pressure to find something good to watch instead, or more likely, I just forced myself to take a nap such that we were sharing the same space and air but I didn't have to consciously watch the game. But yesterday, being the best day ever, we didn't argue once about the stupid tv and we actually watched "A Time to Kill," more than sports.
Then, we went out to dinner and rented a couple of movies and a game for Nintendo Wii. (There are some advantages to living with the in-laws). We rented the game Trauma Center: Second Opinion. It is very addicting. Usually, my attention span for video games is about 2.5 seconds but this one is really fun. You are a doctor and have to perform random surgeries on patients. I kept getting really frustrated because I hadn't played Wii before so I wasn't used to being able to move and rotate the controller to do things in the game. If that makes sense. Although, it will probably work to my advantage in other Wii games because I have always been pretty spastic while playing video games. As a kid, I would jerk my hands and the controller all over the place thinking for some reason it would turn my car faster or make mario jump a little higher while my brother, who is 5 years younger, looked on in disgust. Anyway, last night, as it got later and later my patience started to drop dramatically until I finally walked away from the game in disgust. Jeff thought it was very amusing.
On a completely different note, Friday Night Lights has earned the #1 spot over Grey's Anatomy, at least this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment