Monday, October 29, 2007

purse!

I finished the *swing bag last night. It took me longer than it probably should have- but it is done. And it's reversible, even though I probably won't ever actually reverse it. When I woke up this morning I realized that I didn't have anything to hold my driver's license, check card, etc. So, feeling adventurous, I made a little wallet/pocket to hold them with the fabric left over from the swing bag. It definitely isn't perfect, and I probably made it 10 times more complicated than necessary since I tend to make things difficult if left to my own devices. Regardless, I am pretty happy to have a bag/purse big enough for my book, notebook, camera, ID, keys, pens, chapsticks, and the bag of skittles I plan to have out and ready to bribe my niece Samantha with the second I see her at the airport on Tuesday.

*Amy Butler has some really cute stuff. I made the swing bag. It included a pattern for a sash/bow but let's be honest-- I'd never actually use it- so I didn't make it.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

CUTE! Does this mean I'll see you carrying something other than the denim purse?

kristina said...

Actually I have been using that other small greenish one the past 5 months-- but I get your point.

And yes.

Lori said...

Love it, you are so talented!